California is under a stay-at-home order in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Essential services like grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations and doctors’ offices are staying open – but expect some changes. For example, many doctors are offering telehealth services to keep patients at home.
If you were planning on having a surgical procedure done, you might be wondering what the coronavirus means for you. Below you’ll find more information about why your elective surgery is probably delayed and how you can use this time to plan for your procedure.
Virtual Consultations Continue, but Plastic Surgeries are Delayed
At SF Plastic Surgeon, we are still conducting online consultations with our clients. This is a great opportunity for you to meet Dr. Shahin Javaheri and discuss your goals for plastic surgery. If you decide to continue, we will add your name to our que until shelter-in-place is lifted.
The reason why we are delaying surgeries at this time is for the protection of our clients, our doctors and nurses and the medical community in general. Delaying elective surgery during the coronavirus pandemic increases hospital bed capacity and boosts supplies of personal protective gear and ventilators.
Furthermore, continuing to perform surgeries puts people at a heightened risk for contracting COVID-19. For the most part, the virus is spread through aerosols, or particles in the air that contain the virus. Plastic surgery presents opportunities for the virus to spread because of the close contact between clients and medical staff.
For now, use this time to schedule a consultation with Dr. Shahin Javaheri and plan for your upcoming procedure. When the stay-at-home order is lifted and we feel the hospitals are safe, we can schedule your procedure.
How to Prepare for Your Online Consultation with Dr. Shahin Javaheri?
The benefit to scheduling an online consultation during the pandemic is that you probably have more flexibility to do so! You may be working remotely and spending more time at home on the weekends, opening up your availability and giving you more time to research your options.
For the best results, we always recommend a thorough consultation. Here are the best ways to prepare:
- Research your procedure. Learn about the different procedures that are available to correct your issue. For example, if you want to enhance the appearance of your breasts, some options include breast augmentation, breast reconstruction and breast reduction.
- Wear comfortable clothing. The doctor may ask to see relevant portions of your body. Be sure to dress comfortably for your virtual appointment.
- Write down your questions. A consultation is your time to ask questions, so don’t hesitate! We want our patients to be informed on what to expect.
- Know your medical history. Dr. Shahin Javaheri may ask about your medical history. It’s helpful to have this information on hand. Also, keep a list of your medications and supplements handy.
- Ask about financing. Some people pay out of pocket for their procedure, while others use financing. Ask about our financing options that can help make your procedure more affordable.
If you are comfortable and confident about your decision, Dr. Shahin Javaheri will add you to our list and schedule your procedure when it’s safe to do so. To schedule an online consultation with Dr Shahin Javaheri, SF Plastic Surgeon…..contact us today.