7 Tips for Healthy Skin
- Eat healthy foods: Eating a healthy diet plays a big role in keeping your skin healthy. Make sure to include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet. Avoid processed foods, sugary drinks, and excessive amounts of saturated and unhealthy fats.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise not only benefits your overall health, but it can also improve the appearance of your skin. Exercise helps to increase blood flow and promote healthy skin cell turnover.
- Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is important for both your physical and mental health. When you don’t get enough sleep, it shows on your skin. You may develop dark circles under your eyes, and your skin may look dull and tired.
- Protect your skin from the sun: Ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun can damage your skin and lead to premature aging. Be sure to use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 when you are outdoors, and limit your time in the sun.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking is bad for your health, and it can also damage your skin. Smoking decreases blood flow to the skin, which can make your skin dry and wrinkled. It also damages collagen and elastin, two proteins that give your skin its elasticity and strength.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking plenty of water helps to keep your skin hydrated and healthy. Be sure to drink 8-10 glasses of water per day.
- Take care of your skin: Be sure to cleanse, moisturize, and protect your skin every day. Use gentle cleansers and avoid harsh scrubbing. Moisturize with a lotion or cream that contains SPF 15 or higher. And be sure to wear protective clothing when you are outdoors.
Following these tips can help you to have healthy skin. Remember, healthy skin starts with a healthy diet and lifestyle. So be sure to eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water, take care of your skin, and avoid smoking and excessive sun exposure.
Call Dr. Shahin Javaheri in San Francisco, CA at (415) 923-3800 immediately to schedule your appointment.