Breast Augmentation Surgery
San Francisco Breast Augmentation Surgeon
Breast augmentation surgery is a popular plastic surgery procedure offered at both the San Francisco and Berkeley plastic surgery centers. ASPS (American Board of Plastic Surgery) nationwide statistics revealed 399,440 breast augmentations were performed in 2007 making it #1 most popular breast procedure performed on women. Breast augmentation surgery is a highly satisfying plastic surgery procedure that enhances the size and shape of a woman’s breasts. You can say bye-bye to push-up bras as your new look will give you more confidence and freedom to wear the styles you have always desired.
Watch as Dr. Javaheri Discusses Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation surgery is a highly individualized procedure that takes an artistic eye, surgical skill and experience. Breast augmentation surgeon Dr Javaheri understands this and will design a surgical plan that will help you achieve the results you desire.
Why Women Have Breast Augmentation Surgery:
1. Enhancement in the breast size and shape
2. Restoring breast volume following pregnancy
Having a family is a rewarding life choice. However, having children may take a major toll on women’s bodies (see mommy makeover). With breast surgery procedures it is possible for mothers to turn back the clock on these physical changes. Mothers no longer have to accept the changes that occur post pregnancy. Breast augmentation surgery can significantly restore the youth and beauty of the breasts, when moms feel beautiful and confident they can focus on the joys and challenges of raising a family. For these women undergoing breast augmentation is an extremely rewarding choice.
3. Restoring breast volume after weight loss Weight loss can also have an impact on the shape and size of the breasts. Those who are overweight reach their weight loss goals only to find new frustrations and challenges. Changes after weight loss can be extremely discouraging. Loss of volume and elasticity can be remedied with a breast augmentation and or breast lift surgery. Many women who undergo cosmetic surgery post weight loss feel that they can fully enjoy the reward that comes with reaching their weight loss goals.
4. Achieving better symmetry of disproportionate breast size or shape
The impact of disproportionate breast size can have a very negative impact on the way a woman feels about her body. Certified breast augmentation surgeons have given us options now so we do not have to live with what we were born with.
5. Improving shape of sagging breast that may have lost firmness
Breast augmentation surgeon’s do not just enlarge breasts, they can also restore breasts back to their firm and youthful appearance through different breast surgery techniques like a breast lift.
6. Breast Reconstruction using implants after breast cancer (mastectomy)
7. Improving appearance of breast that may be disfigured due to trauma, heredity or congenital abnormalities.
A consultation with board certified breast surgeon like Dr Shahin Javaheri is the first step in this process. The intent of the consultation is to provide thorough education about the surgery and types/sizes of implants available (saline or silicone), answer any questions you have, discuss your goals and expectations to help you make an informed decision. After your physical examination and discussion, Dr Javaheri will devise a surgical plan specific to your needs and expectations.
About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation surgery is an out patient procedure performed at an accredited surgery center or hospital setting under general anesthesia performed by a board certified anesthesiologist. Contact your breast augmentation surgeon to find out more about cost, payment, and financing options for your particular breast surgery.
Breast Implants and Augmentations
Surgical time is between 1-2 hours. During surgery, the breast tissue is raised to create an open pocket under the breast tissue or beneath the chest wall muscle. A saline or silicone breast implant is inserted behind each breast, which can increase a woman’s breast size by one or more bra cup sizes. (Not a fan of breast implants? Looking for a more natural breast augmentation? Dr. Javaheri also offers fat transfer in place of breast implants.) There are two options where the implant may be placed: the sub glandular (in front of the pectoral muscle) and the sub muscular (behind the pectoral muscle). Sub muscular placement increases the padding overlying the breast implant offering more coverage and camouflage to the shape of the implant. This is particularly helpful in women bearing very little or no breast tissue at all. Most women are candidates for under the muscle approach. There are 4 types of incision placement.
Breast Augmentation Surgery Incision Placements:
(1) Mammary Incision (also known as “under the breast” incision) A small incision is carefully placed at the natural fold of the breast, in most cases hiding the scar. This method allows for precise placement.
(2) Peri-areola Incision – This incision is made around the edge of the areola (the darker skin around the edge of the nipple). This approach is most favored by Dr Javaheri since the incision is barely visible with time and because allows for precise placement of the implant.
(3) Auxiliary incision – This incision is made in one of the crease lines of the armpit. The scars may be more visible than the other approaches.
Umbilical (belly button) Incision
(4) Umbilical (belly button) Incision – This technique may be performed endoscopically using scopes and cameras for implant placement, or without endoscopic equipment for the subglandular placement Implant placement is not as precise as the Mammary Incision or the Peri-Areola incision.
Lower Recovery Time with Top-Rated Breast Augmentation Surgeon
Breat augmentation patients will leave the surgery with a dressing in place followed by a post-surgical compression bra. You will experience moderate discomfort following the surgery that will be managed by prescription medication. Breasts will be swollen and bruised post surgery and may take about 1-2 months to settle. During these weeks, breasts may appear higher than normal but will settle and gradually lower over the course of 1-2 months into a more natural position. We recommend that you avoid any stretching or lifting during the first seven to ten days. Most patients return to work in a few short days. If your job involves excessive stretching and lifting, it is advised that you refrain from these activities until Dr Javaheri gives you clearance. It is important that pre-operative instructions provided by the doctor are followed in a strict manner for optimal recovery and results.
Schedule your free consultation with top-rated breast augmentation surgeon Dr Javaheri today by calling 415-923-3800.